Thursday, January 7, 2010

Could I run a diesel car on a diesel /veg oil blend without modifications?

I've seen several programs that say you can run a diesel car on vegetable oil, although modifications need to be made because vegetable will thicken up at cool temps.





My question is, could I run the veg oil without modifying the car, if I ran it as a mix with diesel, say 50-50? I'm talking about clean unused vegetable oil.





A secondary question. How much filtering would used vegetable oil require? When I was in the restaurant biz, we used to filter ours every night with what were essentially tough oversize coffee filters. Is that all that is required?Could I run a diesel car on a diesel /veg oil blend without modifications?
There may be a risk of Eng damage W/Out mods. Dsl Eng


Use pretty good filtering system. I May be wrong about this.


But the couple of cars that I've seen running on Veg. oil, all had the Mod. done.





How ever It is a noble and brilliant Idea. It is always a pleasure 2 C smart people who care about their home, and at the same time give the addiction to Foreign oil, as well as greedy Cartels a good kick in the A**.





Good Luck.





I think U could use all of those oils, also some other stuff like waste( Certain Veggies )Could I run a diesel car on a diesel /veg oil blend without modifications?
I Thank you for the honor.





I wish I could have given you more Info.





Best Regards and Best of Luck with your Project. Report Abuse

you will need to add gas not alot and add lie to the oil and you can run w\o m mods

No comments:

Post a Comment