Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why does my car idle down when I remove the oil cap?

I have a 1988 mazda mx-6.when I took the cap off the idle slowed down some, not too much like its going to die but definitely noticeable Is it because the breather tube off the valve cover goes to the intake on the throttle body?the air filter didn't look bad enough to be slowing air flow.Why does my car idle down when I remove the oil cap?
These are sealed systems. When you opened the system with it idling you created a vacuum leak. Put the cap back on and it will return to idle. These systems are not designed to be opened while running except if a mechanic is checking for an idle difference while diagnosing a potential problem.Why does my car idle down when I remove the oil cap?
closed system and you introduced massive air intake/computer trying to compensate/stop fooling around under there with engine running/that will keep all fingers and eyeballs where they are supposed to be

No comments:

Post a Comment