Thursday, January 7, 2010

I took my car in to my dealer for an oil change, engine check with 26 pts inspection. Now, whats wrong?

After driving it 5 or 10 miles and turning off the engine, I now hear a ticking or clicking sound coming from towards the back on the passenger side. The car never did this before. Is this the beginning of my problems with my car and this dealership? I have 5420 miles on the odometer. Its a Chevy Aveo LT 2005.





What is this ticking sound I hear, and how can it be remedied? Is it ok for it to do this? You know, my car was running so well, I was leary about taking it in for fear they would do something to it when they went under my hood. Guess I should have followed my instincts.I took my car in to my dealer for an oil change, engine check with 26 pts inspection. Now, whats wrong?
Sounds like an electric fuel pump.





Take it back and have them test drive it. You are still under warranty; make it their problem, not yours.I took my car in to my dealer for an oil change, engine check with 26 pts inspection. Now, whats wrong?
If you hear this ';ticking'; while you are driving, see if you picked up a stone or other item in right rear tire. Hope it's only a stone.
Yes just sounds like a rock in the tread of the tire.





2005 with only 5,420 miles??
why does everyone think that the dealership service departments ';break'; things on your car when you take it in for an oil change? trust me....we dont. at least in the 3 that i have worked at.


how about this answer....


before jumping to conclusions, drive back up there, have the service manager or a tech ride WITH you, and see what they think it may be. if the car is still under warranty make an appt or have them check it then.


and as for your instincts....jiffy lube is a far more crooked place than a dealership, plus i would rather have a factory tech working on my car rather than a $7/hr guy that they hire a new one every 6 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment