Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smoke is coming from my car engine because the oil is leaking on to it.?

Every time I drive my car smoke comes from the engine, it is caused by the oil leaking on to the engine and then burning off. What could be the cause of oil leaking on to the engine. The oil does not drip on the ground.Smoke is coming from my car engine because the oil is leaking on to it.?
year make and model engine???????Smoke is coming from my car engine because the oil is leaking on to it.?
It could be leaking out of the valve cover gasket. That could cause the oil to leak onto the exhaust manifold, which is very hot and would create lots of smoke. If it is a four cylinder, this is a usually a very easy repair.
if you open the bonnet you might see where it is leakng.
blown head gasket, but you would also see smoke coming from the tail pipe if this was the case
Valve cover leaking,oil filler cap not on,pvc hose off.

No comments:

Post a Comment