Thursday, January 7, 2010

I just had my oil changed and now my car is running hot it did not overheat but my red light came on,Gage hot?

Recently I had a new water pump installed as well as a new radiator not too long before, it has never given me a problem like this. Two days ago I had my oil changed, could that do it?I just had my oil changed and now my car is running hot it did not overheat but my red light came on,Gage hot?
When you had the radiator and water pump changed, did they replace the thermostat?





If not, it's likely the termostat is stuck closed, causing your engine to run hot. Replace the thermostat ASAP!I just had my oil changed and now my car is running hot it did not overheat but my red light came on,Gage hot?
Have you checked the fluids? I mean, given the info you have here, yeah, it could do it. I've seen people go to lube centers where they either left the old filter gasket on or forgot to put the new one on. Check your fluids. It could be a sending unit if they're all good.
';That 'Red Light' you are talking about is (In some Cars) an Excessive Heat Warning Light set to come on before it Overheats.'; Was the Water Pump Leaking or Making noise? When you Changed the Radiator was the Coolant Discolored? Sounds like you need a Complete Cooling System Service. New Thermostat after Complete System Flush/Boil Out, Check Condition of All Hoses %26amp; Clamps ';Replace if Needed';. Check Radiator %26amp; A/C Fans for proper Operation %26amp; Cycling. Is the Engine Relitively Clean, Road Grim with add to heat problems.





NOTE; ';Coolant'; 50-50 Mixture of Clean Water %26amp; Anti-Freeze, used All Year Round!
no, but I would take it back to the place you had your oil changed and tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment