Saturday, December 26, 2009

I changed the oil in my car and now it makes a clattering noise when the accelerator is not pushed, why?

it happens mainly when the car is cold, and when i dont press the accelerator it clatters, not quite sure what the noise could be, any ideas?I changed the oil in my car and now it makes a clattering noise when the accelerator is not pushed, why?
3.5 litres does not sound like enough oil for any car engine. My bike takes 4.8 litres and one of the cars nearer 6.


It is 14 years old nearly so time to get rid of it anyway - they pay people to scrap much younger cars than that.I changed the oil in my car and now it makes a clattering noise when the accelerator is not pushed, why?
Are you sure you filled the crankcase? Clattering could be pistons running without oil. If that's the case, that engine will blow sooner rather than later. Pull the dipstick, make sure it shows oil on it, and an adequate amount.
probably the wrong oil, most instruction manuals will tell you what kind of oil to use--I would refer to the manual that came with the car, then drain the system and refill it with the right kind of oil
Wrong oil! Make model and year , as well as mileage would help
Did you use the right amount of oil?
';Should have been full'; isn't good enough, mate. Use the dipstick.
doesn't sound good are you sure the oil didn't leak out?

No comments:

Post a Comment