Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What does it mean when my car says I need to change my oil??

I dont understand! I checked my oil level and it is good, and I have changed my oil not that long ago like a couple months, so y do I have to do it again? I dont get it, what does it mean?What does it mean when my car says I need to change my oil??
Your oil may be low or you may have a bad oil sending switch sending a bad code. Get an ODB-ll scanner and run a scan on it, Auto Zone will loan you the tool. If no code are found have a mechanic look at it to be safe. Good Luck and GOD BlessWhat does it mean when my car says I need to change my oil??
You must re-set the oil change light every time you change the oil. The car just counts off the miles or has a oil sensor to detect oil contaminants.


Cars are different from one make to the other. Look in your owners manual if you still have it or see a qualified repair shop and ask them. They may do it for free. The oil stops may not know how to do this. After all they are only paid minimum wage.
your car has an oil lfe switch in it i will tell you how to reset it turn the key on but dont crank it pump the gas pedal 3 time in 5 to 8 seconds if that dont clear it try it one more time if it still dont pump the pedal 4 times in 5 to 8 seconds that should reset the change oil light
you need to reset the maint reminder every time you servicce the car ..it didnt know you changed the oil..look in the owners manual and reset the light ...and it will come on again at the next due service..( 3 to 5 k mile most likley)...good luck
it means that due to engine hours and revolutions the engine computer says that the oil is in need of changing which means basically go pay fifteen bucks and have someone change your oil
It's probably dirty again and needs serviced. Do you drive in dusty areas that would trigger your sensor?

No comments:

Post a Comment