Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why does my dad check the oil and water in my moms car for her when her sisters husbands never check theirs?

I have 10 answers, need 20 please.Why does my dad check the oil and water in my moms car for her when her sisters husbands never check theirs?
I need 10 answers as to why you have to ask this same question 10 times a day, every day, for months on end. You are not permitted to ask again unless I get my 10 answers.Why does my dad check the oil and water in my moms car for her when her sisters husbands never check theirs?
It is always good to check the oil in your car. If you don't have enough oil in your car, it might overheat the engine. If you run it without oil for too long, it could screw up the engine so that you either need to buy a new car, or buy a new engine for it. In other words, no oil for an extended period of time could essentially ';blow the engine';. I know when I was 16, I didn't know you had to check the oil level of your car regularly, so I ran it with barely any oil in it for a long time. I, at the time, didn't know why I had to keep adding more and more coolant for the radiator, but the coolant in the over-flow tank and the radiator kept on dissipatingg. So I kept on ading coolant to it. It got worse and worse, evaporating more and more rapidly. Until one day I popped my hood when my dad was nearby, and said to him, ';God, what is it with my truck and coolant, I add more coolant weekly, and it still eats it right up... Maybe I have a cracked radiator.'; My dad said to me that I should check my oil level. I said I don't even know where to begin to do that. He showed me and I believe it or not was running it with no oil in the engine. He showed me how to fill it up, and told me what was happening mechanically to my truck.





What motor oil does is it slowly drips into the engine and lubricates the pistons. It does this so that the engine porduces less heat. Think about it. With no oil, pistons are rubbing against things up and down at very high rates of rotational speeds. anywhere from 1000 to 4000 rotations per minute. If you don't have any oil in the engine, it produces tons and tons of friction. This causes heat, and will eventually overheat and stall your engine. Worse comes to worse, it will blow your engine.





The answer is, depending on how frequently your dad checks it, he is doing the most intelligent thing out of the two. Your brother-in-laws should be checking all of their cars oil levels and coolant levels. By the way, usually coolant is a mixture of 50% water and 50% Anti-Freeze, this making it not be able to freeze in the winter. In emergency situations, I've heard of people putting water in their overflow tanks, or any liquid, anything to cool the engine.





Hope this helps,
Some people do...some don't. Jake,oil RUNS through your engine not slowly drip. If i come out in the morning and no fluid is on the ground then i figure it must be still in the engine so i don't check it...but you should.
Because your mother married better than her sisters did and if you're female make sure you do, too and if you're male aspire to grow up to be like your Dad.
Your dad is more concerned/diligent/knowledgeable than the others
because he knows that mom is not going to check it her self. and he cares about her. and is smart to check.
Your father is a true Gentleman.Not many of them left.
maybe your dads actually has a heart and your aunts husbands dont care.
men are car freaks
He's a good man who's looking out for your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment